Phone: 678-485-2904 • Email: email@example.com
The University of Georgia – Athens, GA August 2013-May 2017
A.B.J. in Digital Broadcast Journalism
Minor: Sociology and Sports Media
Cumulative GPA: 3.79/4.0
United States Olympic Committee Rio, Brazil August 2016
- Traveled to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil to write features and profiles on Team USA athletes.
- Wrote minimum 2 articles (gamers, profiles, etc) a day for the entire Olympics and covered with esteemed journalists.
- Published features on U.S. Olympians Christian Taylor, Travis Stevens and Christian Taylor for the Atlanta Journal Constitution and TeamUSA.org.
Atlanta Journal-Constitution Atlanta, GA May 2016-July 2016
- Reported on the Atlanta Braves beat and Atlanta Falcons beat to create content that included features, gamers, and post-game interviews.
- Conducted interviews and wrote articles on 1992 Olympic gold medalist Joe Jacobi.
- Traveled on business trips to Knoxville, TN to cover the 1996 women’s basketball team at the Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame.
- Worked 40 hour weeks at this internship and wrote 5-7 articles per week.
Houston Chronicle Newspaper Houston, TX May 2015-July 2015
- Gained experience as an intern creating feature stories and the Houston Astros, Houston Texans, Houston Dash and Houston Dynamo.
- Reported on deadline for the Women’s World Cup and several Houston related news stories.
- Supervised under the instruction of editors Jay Lee, Reid Laymance, Randy Harvey and Dan Cunningham.
- Wrote 3-4 articles per week for the Houston Chronicle.
Sports Journalism Institute Columbia, MO
Student May 2015
- Attained skills learning the fundamentals of sports news reporting and writing.
- Learned under the instruction of Greg Lee, Director of Editorial at NBA.com, Leon Carter, VP and Editorial Director of an upcoming ESPN site and Sandra Rosenbush, Event News Editor at ESPN.
- Reported in a professional press box for the St. Louis Cardinals vs. Los Angeles Dodgers baseball game.
- Contributed to a website blog for the Sports Journalism Institute that included a feature stories on the Omaha-World Herald newspaper and beat writer Dirk Chatelain.
University of Georgia Grady Newsource Athens, GA August 2013 – Present
Volunteer of Telecommunications
- Volunteered for the UGA news station in production as a floor director and a keynote editor.
- Established live shot skills by assisting reporters on location with camera shots, angles and lighting.
- Worked for 3 hours per week for Grady Newsource.
Red and Black Newspaper Athens, GA August 2013-January 2016
- Attained a position as a beat writer for the Red and Black reporting on UGA softball and soccer.
- Developed and approached athletes for features, gamers, and profile previews.
- Created a website using WordPress software where many of my articles are stored.
- Wrote 2-3 articles per week for the Red and Black Newspaper.
Grady Sports Journalism Athens, GA Present
- Taken classes and worked under the instruction of Professor Daryl Ledbetter, Atlanta Falcons beat writer for the Atlanta Journal Constitution.
- Covered and interviewed Atlanta Hawks personnel at Phillips Arena on deadline.
- Established a new understanding for social media in a class with Professor Welch Suggs at the University of Georgia.
- Learned how to utilize new social media applications like Slack, Trello, and Hootsuite.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (including Excel and Powerpoint), WordPress, Adobe Premire Pro.
Organizational Skills: Supervised 50 residents as a Residential Assistant for UGA Housing and created programs that promoted diversity.